I know I already posted today. I have had many thoughts and have become inspired to write them down. I think of you always, so to me it is natural. Until deemed crazy..
I want to explain why I think I would be a good candidate for your life partner. I think we still don't know enough about each other to really know what makes us tick. I think we've had a small taste, and I think so many good things are yet to come. I am a naturally happy person all on my own. I have always been this way. I am independent to a fault. I know that if I can rely on anyone it's myself. I trust myself completely. I know I can get any job done because I know I am the type of person with the determination to finish whatever I start.
I am compassionate. I love my children. I love reading to them. Right now I'm reading "A Tale of Two Cities" to Tyler. I've never read it and was delighted when he showed interest. So we're reading it together. I read to Jonah every night until he reached about 1st or 2nd grade.. when he could read on his own. I am responsible. I am the one who picks them up and drops them off for school and swimming, and I'm at every swim meet cheering them on and yelling until I lose my voice. I'll make an idiot of myself! Carting all the kids to swim meets is actually quite a hassle, but I've done it because I know they love it. It's not about me. I like to think I have selfless qualities. I came to my friends' need in the middle of the night.. she had to take her husband to the ER and I stayed on her couch and watched over her children. I bring meals to friends after they've had babies and need a break. I plan on doing the same for Risa when she has her baby.
I am honest and true. I am obedient. I show my respect. I have an open heart and an open mind. I know how to listen. I care deeply for those who are close to me. I push myself beyond my limits. When it comes to others I would lay my life on the line. I would do for them what they couldn't do for themselves. I am always desiring to learn. I am not a fast reader, but I believe it's because I have too colorful an imagination. When I read I need to see everything I'm reading.. and I look at everything there is to see. I take delight in every little thing, because I believe when we reflect on the big things in life, they were really just the little things at the time. I am certain I was born with the nature to nurture. When I was 11 my youngest brother was born and I took care of him, watched over him.. changed his diaper, gave him his bottle, put him down for a nap, rocked him to sleep. I was not the pretty girl or the popular girl as I grew. My sisters were the real beauties of the family, so I decided to develop my talents instead. I learned to bake, and I practiced piano. I crocheted. I was boring! But these skills prove useful to me now, because they helped build who I am today. And I am proud of who I am. I care. I feel. I cry. I sing and I dance. I take time out for myself. I am passionate! I put my whole heart into everything I do. I like when things look nice and orderly. I can't stand it when I smell something foul. I would rather err on the side of caution, which is why I take it slowly when I bike downhill. Ah, but I do love to fly when I am confident enough to pick up some speed.
I have endearing qualities.. I know I could be a huge asset. I don't normally complain. I can hold my own. I look at things logically, and I am slow to anger. I am not physically aggressive.. in fact, I am not really verbally aggressive either. I try not to curse and when I do i try not to do it in front of children. I have manners and I use them. I listen when others are speaking, and when I need to I raise my hand when I want to speak. I don't back away when issues need a resolution. I fight for what I believe in. I believe family values and game nights are essential. I believe self worth is more important than self image. I believe developing talents and skills are more important than developing better skin tone or softer, shinier hair. I believe in living in analog lifestyle opposed to one surrounded by the digital arena. I believe in a healthy and diverse education. I love to indulge in a good fantasy book or romance novel.. hopefully one without a lot of smut. I hope my children will learn values are more important than peer approval. I hope they see their successes and build upon them. I hope that where they are weak they will not get down on themselves. I hope my children will teach their children the more important things in life. I hope they go to church.
I believe in taking hikes once in a while. I definitely believe in waterfalls and rainbows. I believe dreams are essential. I also believe hard work pays off. I believe it's good to play dress up once in a while. I believe in movie night. And I believe pizza goes with movie night. I believe in hot summer nights and popcicles and laughing at babies while they make a mess of it.. and the 4th of July with fireworks and sparklers and The Stars and Stripes Forever, barbequed hot dogs and tables full of pot luck dishes, kids riding bikes in the street and neighbors getting up into each other's business. Slip n Slides and sleepovers.. and then.. I love when the seasons change.
Autumn is my favorite of course. It's the time of year when summer ends and the world starts to cool off. We can start wearing sweaters and scarves again, and the rain comes. People start lighting fires in their fireplaces and the smell of burning wafts in the air. Fields are harvested, gourds are a-plenty.. and salads are no more! The world is at its most beautiful and natural decoration .. when the leaves turn! ...with reds and golds and browns and yellows and oranges lining every street. The sun sets earlier and it's darker for longer. Where I live the fog starts to come in. Running is surely more comfortable. School starts up again, and the house is more quiet. Preparations are made for upcoming holidays. Autumn is that time of year when I reflect the most on what I love about life. I can make my cocoa with mini marshmallows, and I bake more because the smell is so rich and welcoming, and I love it when I can share those goods with friends and family. I love taking walks in the autumn time. The breezes are cooler. We have a purpose in life again after a fun-filled summer. Work carries on. It's a time for growing up and growing closer, holding those we love a little tighter, noticing those little things and keeping them in our hearts a little longer.
So.. I'm a fun loving girl. I'm nice, too. I care about others. I take care of those that I love. I love what I do and I have a passion for those little things in life. I notice them. I'm romantic. I want to live smart, not unhappily, not rich.. not glamorously. I want to sing and dance my own way. And if I'm judged then I'm judged. I try not to get down on myself and I definitely don't get down on others. Family is important. But getting trampled on is not okay.
See me. Please. I've always been who I am. I just know more today than I did. My character will always be .. me :-) And I'll love you for always.
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment