I am the one who folds all the clothes
I bake all the muffins,
I dry all the tears.
I am the one who makes sure that there's milk
in the fridge and there's plenty of
leftovers left over.
I drive the car and I chauffeur them all
I keep the tank full and
I never forget
When I'm by myself I crank up the tunes
I scream and I toss
and pretend no one's watching.
I am the one who cries into her pillow
Who loves to no end
Who loves like love doesn't
Love back. I give and I give
and I give of myself
and sometimes I hurt. Okay, I hurt lots.
I am the one who changes sheets at 2am
I say prayers and read stories
and have secret dreams.
I am the one who makes the biggest mistakes
I am full of all kinds
of trouble and mischief.
I am so sensitive. I'm fragile and naive.
I want to be good but
I'll never be the best.
I am okay and that's all that I'll be.
I have voices inside that say
Nothing is Good Enough.
I push myself, because I know my own limits
But do I really?
.. maybe I don't.
There are days when I don't know
the girl in the mirror.
There are days when I feel so alone
my world crumbles.
There are days when I'm on top
where death couldn't stop me
There are days when I truly am
my very own beautiful.
I know I am strong. I know I am soft.
I know I am breakable, gentle, patched.
I know I can be beautiful, but not every day.
I know I have love. And I know life can be simple.
Now .. what to do with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment